Ontario Rat 1 Folder Knife | Black Handle
$5.00 Flat Rate Shipping on the Ontario Rat 1 Folder Knife | Black Handle
Hands down the most popular folding knife made by OKC, the RAT folders come in multiple blade configurations. The RAT Folder knife was originally a collaboration folding knife (Jeff Randall - Randall's Adventure Training). This is the original RAT 1 Folder Model. The Ontario RAT 1 Folder knives feature a 3-1/2" AUS-8 Stainless Steel blade available in either a satin or black finish with a plain or combination serrated edge and is ground to a full flat taper. A Nylon handle on the Ontario RAT 1 Folder knives measures about 5" (closed length) and is somewhat textured to provide a great grip. The RAT 1 folder deploys with a thumbstud and is 8.5" in overall length. The Liner lock offers a secure open position on the RAT folder. Rockwell Hardness on the Ontario Knife RAT Folder Knife is 55-56 HRC. The Ontario RAT 1 Folder knife comes with a removable pocket clip installed which allows for tip-up or tip-down, left-handed or right-handed carry.
Ontario RAT 1 Folder Knife Snapshot:
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Blade Length: 3-1/2"
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Thickness: .115"
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Blade Grind: Full Flat Taper
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Blade Material: AUS-8 Stainless Steel
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Blade Finish: Black or Satin
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Blade HRC/Hardness: 55-56 HRC
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Handle Material: Nylon 6 or G10
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Handle Length: 5" (Closed Length)
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Handle Color: Black
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Overall Length: 8.5"
- RAT 1 Folder Knife Carry System: Removable Pocket Clip
Editor's Review of Ontario RAT Folder Knife: I remember when Ontario Knife and Jeff Randall collaborated to produce these RAT Folders years and years ago. Honestly, it's the folding knife I carry in my pocket every single day. You couldn't ask for a more practical folding pocket knife. The RAT folder has a slim design that's not bulky in your pocket, it deploys quickly with a thumbstud and quick flick of the wrist. I use my RAT folder nearly every day for regular work tasks like opening boxes, cutting, etc., and I only sharpen it every few months at most. The liner lock toggles easily (but not too easily) for quick closing, but in all the years I've carried it, it has never failed. The RAT II Folder is a bit smaller and more ideal for smaller hands - but all in all, any of the RAT Folder Knives are, in my opinion, an excellent choice for an everyday carry pocket knife.