Ontario Rat II Folder Knife, 8860, 8861
Hands down the most popular folding knife made by OKC, the RAT folders come in multiple blade configurations. The RAT Folder knife was originally a collaboration folding knife (Jeff Randall - Randall's Adventure Training). This is latest version of the RAT Folding Knives. The Ontario RAT II Folder knife is smaller than it's predecessor with a plain edge 3" AUS-8 Stainless Steel blade, ground with a full flat taper and available in either a satin or black finish. Slimmer also than the RAT 1, the RAT II folder's blade is .095" thick. A smaller black Nylon 6 handle on the Ontario RAT II Folder knife measures 4.1" (closed length) and is also somewhat textured to offer an excellent grip. The RAT II folder also deploys with a thumbstud and is 7" in overall length. The Liner lock offers a secure open position on the RAT folder. Rockwell Hardness on the Ontario Knife RAT Folder Knife is 55-56 HRC. The Ontario RAT 1 Folder knife comes with a removable pocket clip installed which allows for tip-up or tip-down, left-handed or right-handed carry.
Ontario RAT II Folder Knife Snapshot:
- RAT II Folder Knife Blade Length: 3"
- RAT II Folder Knife Thickness: .095"
- RAT II Folder Knife Blade Grind: Full Flat Taper
- RAT II Folder Knife Blade Material: AUS-8 Stainless Steel
- RAT II Folder Knife Blade Finish: Black or Satin
- RAT II Folder Knife Blade HRC/Hardness: 55-56 HRC
- RAT II Folder Knife Handle Material: Nylon 6
- RAT II Folder Knife Handle Length: 4.1" (Closed Length)
- RAT II Folder Knife Handle Color: Black
- RAT II Folder Knife Overall Length: 4"
- RAT II Folder Knife Carry System: Removable Pocket Clip
Editor's Review of Ontario RAT Folder Knife: I remember when Ontario Knife and Jeff Randall collaborated to produce these RAT Folders years and years ago. Honestly, it's the folding knife I carry in my pocket every single day. You couldn't ask for a more practical folding pocket knife. The RAT folder has a slim design that's not bulky in your pocket, it deploys quickly with a thumbstud and quick flick of the wrist. I use my RAT folder nearly every day for regular work tasks like opening boxes, cutting, etc., and I only sharpen it every few months at most. The liner lock toggles easily (but not too easily) for quick closing, but in all the years I've carried it, it has never failed. The RAT II Folder is a bit smaller and more ideal for smaller hands - but all in all, any of the RAT Folder Knives are, in my opinion, an excellent choice for an everyday carry pocket knife.