Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opener Knife, 8870, 8871
The most popular Ontario Folding Knife, the RAT 1 has gotten a big upgrade - Assisted Opening and textured G10 handle! A modified version of the RAT I folder, this model is equipped with Ontario's patent-pending Tactical Assisted Opening (T.A.O) designed by Joe Pardue. Otherwise, the Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opener Folder knife has the same configuration of the RAT 1 folder featuring a .115" thick, 3-12" AUS-8 Stainless Steel blade ground to a full flat taper and available in either a satin or black finish. The G10 handle is textured for an even more secure grip. The Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opener Folder knife measures 5" closed. The Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opener Folder knife deploys super fast with the Tactical Assisted Opening and is 8.5" in overall length. The Liner lock offers a secure open position on the RAT IA SP Assisted Opening folder. Rockwell Hardness on the Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opener Folder knife is 55-56 HRC. The Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opener Folder knife comes with a removable pocket clip installed which allows for tip-up or tip-down, left-handed or right-handed carry.
Ontario RAT 1A SP Assisted Opening Folder Knife Snapshot:
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Blade Length: 3-1/2"
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Thickness: .115"
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Blade Grind: Full Flat Taper
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Blade Material: AUS-8 Stainless Steel
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Blade Finish: Black or Satin
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Blade HRC/Hardness: 55-56 HRC
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Handle Material: Nylon 6
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Handle Length: 5" (Closed Length)
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Handle Color: Black
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Overall Length: 8.5"
- RAT 1A SP Assisted Knife Carry System: Removable Pocket Clip
Editor's Review of Ontario RAT Folder Knife: I remember when Ontario Knife and Jeff Randall collaborated to produce these RAT Folders years and years ago. Honestly, it's the folding knife I carry in my pocket every single day. You couldn't ask for a more practical folding pocket knife. The RAT folder has a slim design that's not bulky in your pocket, it deploys quickly with a thumbstud and quick flick of the wrist. I use my RAT folder nearly every day for regular work tasks like opening boxes, cutting, etc., and I only sharpen it every few months at most. The liner lock toggles easily (but not too easily) for quick closing, but in all the years I've carried it, it has never failed. The RAT II Folder is a bit smaller and more ideal for smaller hands - but all in all, any of the RAT Folder Knives are, in my opinion, an excellent choice for an everyday carry pocket knife.