Ontario 1-18 Sawback Machete, 6120
The 1-18 Sawback Machete is identical the 1-18 Military Machete, however there a serrations on the spine of the blade allowing for practical uses on both sides of the machete blade. The one-of-a-kind 1-18 Sawback Machete has been made by Ontario Knife Company under US Government specifications for 60+ years. The 18" full tang, 1095 high carbon steel blade features a zinc phosphate finish and a Rockwell Hardness of 50-55 HRC. The 1-18 Sawback Machete blade is .12" thick and is ground to a full flat taper with a flat bevel. A black molded plastic handle rounds out the 1-18 Military Machete. Overall the length of 1-18 Sawback Machete is 24". The 1-18 Sawback Machete is available in a plain edge here. 18" Machete sheath is sold separately.
Ontario 1-18 Sawback Machete Snapshot:
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Blade Length: 18"
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Thickness: .12"
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Blade Grind: Full Flat Taper w/a flat bevel
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Blade Material: 1095 Carbon Steel
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Blade Finish: Black, Zinc Phosphate
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Blade HRC/Hardness: 50-55 HRC
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Handle Material: Molded Plastic
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Handle Length: 6"
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Handle Color: Black
- 1-18 Sawback Machete Overall Length: 24"
- Carry System: Removable Sheath (sold separately)
A note from Ontario Knife Company about OKC Machetes: Ontario Knife has been manufacturing the 1-18 Machete under U.S. Government specifications for over 60 years. Ontario Knife Company's series of machetes is one of the most venerable and storied product lines in the company's 125 year old history. OKC has manufactured the 1-18 Military Machete under U.S.A. Government Specifications for over 70 years and that same high quality is found in all of our machete products. OKC's all feature rugged carbon steel blades with a zinc-phosphate finish and molded plastic handles.